Location and Dates
** DONATIONS **
2017 SPONSOR (PURCHASE) AWARDS
Dan and Patricia Meloche Purchase Award
MINIATURE BLUE JAY MALE
Must be 3"- 4" with habitat
Decorative Male in full breeding plumage with habitat
$1,200.00 plus a Rosette.
M&T Printing Group
LIFE SIZE BURROWING OWL MALE
Decorative, life-size with habitat, no prey allowed
$3,500.00 plus a Rosette.
Ontario Die Company
A PAIR OF GOLDEN CROWNED KINGLETS
Decorative, life-size with habitat
plus a Rosette
Rubberline Products Ltd
Champagne Waterfowl – Pair
Smoothie, any species
1. Includes Ducks, Geese, Swans, Loons and Grebes.
2. Each bird of the pair must fit totally within 3 1/2 inch (90mm) circle;
3. Each must float properly but does not have to self-right;
4. Each may be flat bottomed or have a keel;
5. Must be a smoothie. Groups of feathers may be defined, i.e. tertial, scapulars, side pockets, etc.
6. No texturing is allowed
7. No restrictions on paint
plus a Rosette
SPONSOR (PURCHASE) AWARD RULES AND REGULATIONS
- While the Sponsor Awards are open to all carvers, they are intended for those whose work has reached a high level of expertise.
- Unless otherwise specified, carvings are to be life-size, in breeding plumage as well as textured and painted.
- Carvings, including the pattern and the habitat (where specified), are to be the carver's original design and concept.
- Judging will be based on accuracy, artistry, creativity, essence of the species and quality of carving.
- Permission is granted to show winners to compete at "The Worlds".
- Cash prizes ($150.00 and $75.00 Canadian $) and a Ribbon will be awarded to the second and third place carvings respectively.
- Entry Fee: See the Registration link
- The General Rules, Regulations, and Entry procedures for the Open Class apply.
- To assure the purchaser receives a quality carving, a first place may not necessarily be awarded (at the discretion of the judges)
While the organizers of this competition agree to take every
reasonable precaution to ensure the safety of articles submitted
to the competition, it must be understood that the owners are
required to directly assume all risk. Should any article be
accidentally damaged, lost or stolen, the organizers will provide
assistance for the recovery of the same, but will not recognize any
claim for payment of the value, or any portion thereof.